The Allocation Committee of AFF invites PennState Health and College of Medicine employees and students to request funding for programs that directly support Medical Centers and the PennState College of Medicine. AFF’s mission is to support medical education, research, clinical care and scholarship. Requests for funding is up to $10,000 for each grant.
2023 Grant Application will close May 1, 2023.
All 2022 grant recipients are required to complete. Please click on the button below to complete the report.
Grant Recipient Feedback
"The incorporation of many different languages really helped develop CANN-DIR into a special project. This project has continued to gain traction in the community as well as garnering support within Penn State Health. Thank you."
"I wanted to reach out and thank the AFF again for all of your help and generosity. I cannot adequately convey my appreciation for the grant...it made such an impact on so many people. THANK YOU!"
Guidelines for Preparing AFF Allocation Request
The Allocation Committee determines funding to a maximum of $10,000 per request based upon the following criteria:
- Does the request support and promote medical education, research, or clinical care?
- Has this request been submitted in previous years?
- What additional funding sources have been or will be approached to satisfy the request?
- Funding requests for food, entertainment, hospitality supplies, travel, and lodging will not be considered.
- If the request is approved by the AFF, the allocated funds will be transferred to the appropriate fund number through the Office of University Development.
- The recipient is required to complete an AFF Progress Report by February 28 and Final Report by July 1 describing how the funds have been utilized. Failure to issue a status and final report will jeopardize future allocation availability.
- Allocation of the AFF funds is specific to each request and must be used for that purpose. If you are unable to use the funds in the manner requested, the funds must be returned to the AFF.
- If funds are allocated to you and you wish to redistribute the funds for a different purpose under the same proposal, a request must be submitted to the President of the Association of Faculty and Friends for approval.
- There may be a random review of the allocations throughout the year.
- Accepted grant recipients may be interviewed for our monthly AFF members newsletter.
All funds for 2023 must be spent by June 30, 2024. Funds not accessed by this time will be forfeited and returned to AFF.
Current and Past Grant Allocations
- Artificial Neural Networks evaluating Hemocompatibility of Left Ventricular Assist Device.
- Therapeutic Kits for Hospitalized Eating Disorder patients awaiting higher level of care.
- CANN-DIR URL translation select content into different languages.
- Protect PA.
- Crisis Care Packages for Emergency.