The Allocation Committee of AFF invites Penn State Hershey Medical Center and College of Medicine employees and students to request funding for programs that directly support the Medical Center and College of Medicine. AFF’s mission is to support medical education, research, clinical care and scholarship. Requests for funding is up to $10,000 for each grant.
2021 Grant Application will close May 1, 2021.
All 2020 grant recipients are required to complete. Please click on the button below to complete the report.
Guidelines for Preparing AFF Allocation Request
The Allocation Committee determines funding to a maximum of $10,000 per request based upon the following criteria:
- Does the request support and promote medical education, research, or clinical care?
- Has this request been submitted in previous years?
- What additional funding sources have been or will be approached to satisfy the request?
- Funding requests for food, entertainment, hospitality supplies, travel, and lodging will not be considered.
- If the request is approved by the AFF, the allocated funds will be transferred to the appropriate fund number through the Office of University Development.
- The recipient is required to complete an AFF Progress Report by February 28 and Final Report by July 1 describing how the funds have been utilized. Failure to issue a status and final report will jeopardize future allocation availability.
- Allocation of the AFF funds is specific to each request and must be used for that purpose. If you are unable to use the funds in the manner requested, the funds must be returned to the AFF.
- If funds are allocated to you and you wish to redistribute the funds for a different purpose under the same proposal, a request must be submitted to the President of the Association of Faculty and Friends for approval.
- There may be a random review of the allocations throughout the year.
- Accepted grant recipients may be interviewed for our monthly AFF members newsletter.
All funds for 2021 must be spent by June 30, 2022. Funds not accessed by this time will be forfeited and returned to AFF.
Current and Past Grant Allocations
- Standardized EUS-Guided Chemoablation High-Pressure Injection Tool
- Development of a Clinical Disease-Severity Scoring System and Decision Support System for Risk Stratification of Patients with COVID-l9 Pneumonia
- SCOPE Health-Mobile Outreach by PSU Medical Students
- Bleeding Control Supplies for First Responders
- Reach Out and Read: Family Medicine
- Does Mindfulness Intervention Net Decreased Stress for Nurses?
- Cultural Humility: Are Healthcare Providers and Students Up To the Task?
- Veteran’s Day Observance CME Program
- Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment Education and Clinical Services at PSH
- Initiatives in Creating Culturally Competent Physicians
- The Dauphin County Harm Reduction Tools Project